Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thing 6

I have been using a lot of online collaboration tools and I have been LOVING it!  I created a wiki for the Social Studies department at Edison.  My ideas is to have all the Social Studies teachers post their favorite lessons that fall under the curriculum map for different classes.  Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to  teach the members of our department how to do it, so there is very little on the wiki.  Last week at our DL meeting, Kate Andrews (the social studies tosa for the district) said that she wanted to create a moodle for the district.  It would operate the same way as my wiki, but it would be at a district level.  It was exciting to me, but it also made me wonder if it would be worthwhile to do it at a building level.  I think I will try to build our wiki at Edison anyway.  Although it is totally under construction, here is the link


I have also been using google docs a lot.  I like that you can share things with other people.  My husband and I actually use a spreadsheet to do our personal budget.  It works great because we can work on it at the same time.  Also, you can set up formulas with excel that will do all of the math for you.  It is just great.  It has made us both much more accountable to our personal expenditures.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh my, I wish you hadn't planted the seed of using GDocs for a personal budget . . . :)